APS Support UK
Sign up for e-news»   Donate now»   Join us »

How do I get tested for APS

If you are displaying symptoms of APS, book an appointment with your GP and ask to be tested for antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL). This will involve having blood tests taken either at your surgery or local hospital.

A diagnosis of APS will be made as a result of positive blood test results, together with your symptoms and possibly your family history. We recommend that you print out our fact sheet: How is antiphospholipid syndrome diagnosed? and take it with you to your appointment.

The blood tests for APS are difficult to compare from one laboratory to another and the diagnosis can be complicated to make for many reasons. Doctors experienced in treating APS are best suited to make the diagnosis, so your GP may need to refer you to a consultant: please see our directory of APS specialists throuhgout the UK

Our diagnosis factsheet

Download our factsheet which has everything you need to know about diagnostic pathways

© 2018 APS Support UK (trading name of the Hughes Syndrome Foundation). Registered Charity Number 1138116. A company limited by guarantee registered in England 7268671.